Miscellaneous Shopping List
This list represents most of the optional/miscellaneous items you’ll need for for your rental space. Obviously you’ll want to customize it for your specific space, adding or omitting things as needed. We’ve linked to our “favorite” items from Amazon or other providers where appropriate, so be sure to check those out! The items we’ve recommended have been personally tested by us, and offer a good balance of price and quality. If you find a broken link, or an item seems to be discontinued, or we’ve forgotten something on this list, or you have other product feedback, please get in touch through our Contact page. Before you purchase anything we have two recommendations:
- Set up an Amazon Prime account if you aren’t already a Prime member. Click here for a free 30-day trial.
- We also HIGHLY recommend setting up an Amazon Store Card account for your purchases. Why? You will earn 5% cash back on nearly every purchase, with no annual fees!
And now for the list…
- Cable or DSL Modem (with Wifi or without Wifi — if your space is small, getting with Wifi built in is probably fine. If your space is larger, you may want a standalone wifi router)
- WiFi router or if you need a lot of coverage consider a mesh-based system like Google’s Wifi System
- Motion sensing entry lights
- Entry door mat
- Smart thermostat
- Outdoor camera (recommend using name brands like Foscam due to higher likelihood of future support)
- Patio furniture
- Pool swim at your own risk sign (insurance company may require this)
- Pool safety ring (beware of cheaper ones, may not be suitable for actual emergency use)
- BBQ grill
- Grill tool set
- Lighter stick
- Grill cover
- Sun umbrella
- Umbrella stand
- Battery powered candles (no regular flame candles due to safety concerns)
- Air mattress
- Smoke & CO2 detectors (check local code requirements, generally 1 in or immediately outside any bedroom, plus living room)
- Fire extinguisher (be sure to get ABC for all fire types. Also try and store in a conspicuous space so guests can find it easily when needed)
- Keypad door lock for indoor doors
If you would like a printable version of this shopping list, you’ll find it here!
*Please note that BNB Wizard may earn a commission from items purchased via the links on this page.