Printable Cleaning Checklist
BNBWizard Cleaning Checklist -click to download
Cleaning Items Shopping List
This list represents most of the items you’ll need for cleaning your space. Obviously you’ll want to customize it for your specific space, adding or omitting things as needed. We’ve linked to our “favorite” items from Amazon or other providers where appropriate, so be sure to check those out! The items we’ve recommended have been personally tested by us, and offer a good balance of price and quality. If you find a broken link, or an item seems to be discontinued, or we’ve forgotten something on this list, or you have other product feedback, please get in touch through our Contact page.
Before you purchase anything we have three recommendations:
- Set up an Amazon Prime account if you aren’t already a Prime member. Click here for a free 30-day trial.
- We also HIGHLY recommend setting up an Amazon Store Card account for your purchases. Why? You will earn 5% cash back on nearly every purchase, with no annual fees!
- Use Subscribe & Save where it makes sense! If you’re not familiar with it, S&S is an Amazon program wherein you “subscribe” to specific items (not all items qualify, or make sense to use), and in exchange, Amazon gives you a discount on the item ranging from 5% to 15% (depending on how many items you subscribe to, mainly). Amazon will then automatically deliver these items to you. You get S&S deliveries monthly. Each month you’ll have a week or so where you can review your upcoming deliveries and adjust accordingly…say you don’t need an item that particular month, you can push it back to the next month’s delivery. Or if you’ve scheduled something to be delivered once every 2 months, but you’re running low sooner than that, you can push it up to the current month’s delivery. It’s very flexible, you can cancel items at any time. The only caveat is that you need to make sure you review your upcoming deliveries BEFORE they get locked in, or you may end up getting some things you don’t need that month. We recommend just setting a regular calendar reminder in your favorite calendar app to review your items.
And now for the list…
- 409 All-Purpose cleaner
- All-purpose cleaner (alternative option but be aware that many “natural” cleaners like this one do not kill bacteria)
- Glass cleaner
- Toilet bowl cleaner (subscribe & save)
- Pledge multi-surface cleaner (subscribe & save)
- Dust rags
- Paper towels
- Vacuum (feel free to use your own but having a dedicated one is often easier. Hoses are handy.)
- Mop (if you have tile or hardwood this one is great)
- Laundry soap (strongly recommend free & clear versions due to some guests with skin sensitivities)
- Bleach (buy locally, the bottles occasionally come apart in shipping and can be a nightmare if so)
- Laundry Stain remover (hit any spots on sheets or towels with this before washing)
- Folex (great for removing stains from ANY COLOR carpets, upholstery, duvets, blankets…anything hard to wash)
- Dryer sheets (again stick with free & clear versions for sensitive skin guests)
- Rubber gloves
- Magic erasers (great for getting scuffs off walls, sinks, etc)
If you would like a printable version of this shopping list, you’ll find it here!
*Please note that BNB Wizard may receive a commission from items purchase via the links on this page.